On December 18, our students started another round of outdoor practice. This time they had visited to “Glass Temple” of Johor Bahru (Arulmigu Sri Rajakaliamman Glass Temple) and Ming Cemetery. Re-understanding cultural heritage and with a fruitful journey.
The “Hindu Glass Temple” in Johor Bahru, located next to the railway track between Jalan Tun Abdul Razak and Jalan Mohd Taib (or near the Tebrau Highway), was built in In 1922, it was renovated into a glass Hindu temple in 2010. On May 12, 2010, it was listed as the first and only Hindu temple made of glass in the country in the “Malaysian Book of Records”, and it is also the first Hindu temple made of glass in the world.
The ancient tomb “Ming Cemetery” in Johor Bahru, which has entered a century, was built in 1921. It has a deep relationship with the Chinese community in Johor Bahru, and has made a great contribution to the gentleness of Johor Bahru. The “Ming Cemetery” commemorates the early years of Yixing Company. It was built to contribute to the development of Johor Bahru and is located in the Mianyuting Cemetery of the Chinese Association of Johor Bahru.